Dear TMHS Students,
This year, the technology department is issuing you a new Dell laptop for your educational needs this year at Thompson Public Schools. In order to use the Microsoft Office Suite provided to you, you must log in and link your Microsoft account managed through Thompson Public Schools. Follow this tutorial to learn how.
Linking your account to Windows 10
To link your Microsoft account to your Dell laptop, which is running Windows 10 Education edition, follow these steps:
- Click the search bar on the taskbar and search for “Access work or school.”
- Click the “Access work or school” setting.
- You will be brought to the above page:
- Click “Connect.”
- You will be prompted to enter your Thompson Microsoft email and password to continue. If successful, your account should be added and linked to the computer.
Licensing Microsoft Office
When you first open an application in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) you will likely be greeted with a message to provide a license key to activate the Suite. To license these products, you must sign in using your Microsoft account. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open an application (Word, PowerPoint, or Excel).
- Click the “Sign In” button on the top right of the screen.
- Sign in to your Thompson Microsoft account.
- If successful, your name should appear in the top right corner of the program screen. The words “Unlicensed Product” normally written next to “Word,” “PowerPoint”, and “Excel” should disappear, meaning you have successfully activated your suite. If you still cannot activate the suite after signing in through these programs, please contact the Technology Department.